Isn’t homemade pizza the best?!!! It’s definitely one of the kid’s favorite meals. I’d much rather make it at home than eat take out. It’s fun to get creative with toppings and let everyone come up with their own version. I’ve been making this easy homemade pizza sauce for a while, It’s so much more flavorful than the store bought stuff and makes the best pizza. This recipe makes enough homemade pizza sauce for 3-4 pizzas. Store any remaining sauce in the refrigerator.
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
- ½ onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 8oz can tomato paste
- 2 tsp sugar(or whey low)
- 1 tsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp oregano(fresh or freeze dried)
- ½ tsp sea salt.
- Saute minced onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the skillet and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Makes enough sauce for 2-3 pizzas. Bon Appetit!