My friend, Anna, brought us this brussels sprouts salad while I was recovering from surgery a few weeks ago. It was so good!! I had to get the recipe from her and make it again. Flynn and I both went nuts over it, I love just about anything with brussels sprouts. My friends were so sweet, feeding us really incredible meals while I was recuperating. I started to get a bit spoiled.
Even if you’re not a big brussels sprouts fan, you may like this combination. There’s sweet, savory and salty going on in here and they compliment each other so well. The recipe calls for a green apple, but I had McIntosh in the fridge so that’s what I used.
This brussels sprouts salad goes well with grilled meat or in a big bowl all by itself. 🙂
Brussels Sprouts & Apple Salad
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp canola oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- (Zest of a lemon is optional)
- 1 Green apple diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of chopped smoked almonds
- 1 Pound of sliced brussel sprouts (use the cuisinart to make it much faster!)
- 1/2 Block of aged cheddar diced
- Place all dressing ingredients in a shaker bottle or blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix all salad ingredients together in a large bowl and toss with dressing
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.